Updated: May 3, 2019
YHWH is known as God, the Father of the Jews (). Yet, the God whom Jesus revealed to us is not the same as YHWH.
If we did not know any better, Jesus could have been considered an Impostor because Jesus totally ignores and eclipses YHWH (THE LORD) of the Law and the Prophets.Jesus was pushing for the new God He said He had revealed.
So, from all the rhetoric of Jesus about His God we can conclude that YHWH (THE LORD) is not His God. Let us go over the evidence.
The evidence shows that before Jesus entered into Judaism it was crystal clear that the Father of the Israelites () was YHWH (THE LORD), as the verses below testify.
Deuteronomy 32:6-9 KJ3
(6) Do you thus give back to Jehovah, O foolish and unwise people? Is He not your Father who bought you? Has not He made you and established you?
(7) Remember the ancient days, consider the years of many generations; ask your father, and he will declare to you, your elders, and they shall say to you;
(8) when the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance; when He separated the sons of Adam, He set up the bounds of the peoples, according to the number of the sons of Israel.
Isaiah 63:15-16 KJ3
(15) Look down from Heaven and peer from the place of Your holiness and Your glory. Where is Your zeal and Your might? The roaring of Your bowels and Your mercies toward me, are they held back?
(16) For You are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not recognize us; You, Jehovah, are our Father, our Redeemer; Your name is from everlasting.
Isaiah 64:8 KJ3
(8) But now, Jehovah, You are our Father. We are the clay, and You are our Former; yea, we all are the work of Your hand.
Even though the evidence shows clearly that YHWH is the Father of the Israelites, nevertheless, Jesus counters that belief in His declaration in Luke 10:22-24.
JEHOVAH GOD IS NOT GOD THE FATHER
Luke 10:22-24 EMTV
(22) And turning to His disciples He said, "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."
(23) And turning to His disciples He said privately, "Blessed are the eyes which see what you see;
(24) for I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see what you see, and they did not see them, and to hear what you hear, and they did not hear."
How could Jesus make such a statement saying that no one knows who the Father is except the Son?
If someone would pose the question "who is the Father of the Israelites?" The answer is obvious, YHWH. Besides, YHWH is so well defined, known, exposed in the Law and the Prophets that He does need a discriminate revelation of Jesus to make any Israelite know who their God the Father is.
YAHWEH WAS TO BECOME, TO BE, AS THE ETYMOLOGY OF THE NAME REVEALS.
THE NAME JEHOVAH
YAHWEH, according to the notes of the Interlinear Scripture Analyzer on the Concordant Literal Version, is derived from the Hebrew verb that means "to become, to be". In Exodus 3:14, the Concordant translation states that Elohim literally told Moses in Hebrew "I am becoming who I am becoming". That thought is lost in the translations that render the phrase "I am being (becoming) who I am being (becoming)" as "I AM THAT I AM". Thus, within the new name given to Moses, Jehovah prophesied that He was to become flesh. Take a look for yourself at the picture of Exodus 3:14.
Exodus 3:14 (Concordant Literal Version) [paste image]
JEHOVAH HAD BEEN SEEN BY MOSES
Contrast the declaration of Jehovah God to Moses in Exodus 33:23 versus the declaration of Jesus about God The Father in John 1:18. The conclusion is that the God of Moses cannot be the God of Jesus.
No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, that One declares Him. (John 1:18 LITV)
and I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my back; but my face shall not be seen. (Exodus 33:23 ASV)
JEHOVAH IS OUR FATHER, NOT THE FATHER
If Jehovah God was the God of Jesus, the Father, Jesus would not have made that unequivocal declaration in Luke 10:22-24 and elsewhere. Think about it, the Israelites knew that Jehovah God is their God. What sense did Jesus's statement make to His audience in declaring that no one knows who the Father is? Isaiah 64:8 reads that Jehovah is their Father.
But now, Jehovah, You are our Father. We are the clay, and You are our Former; yea, we all are Your handiwork. (Isaiah 64:8 LITV)
The scope of John 5:39 has been diligently under attack by Satan. The Jehovah witness denomination, for example, teaches that Jesus is "a spirit creature" "who had a special relationship with Jehovah", that is, Jesus is not the Most High that the Scriptures testify about (John 5:39). But, as it is spread out in the pages of both the Scriptures and the New Testament in the fine prints (Matthew 13:10-17), Jesus and His Apostles demonstrated that He is Jehovah God and was even killed on that basis (John 5:18). The Jehovah's witnesses are deadly misguided in witnessing that Jehovah is God the Father and that Jesus is a special creature god.
Because of this the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because not only was He breaking the Sabbath, but also He called God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. (John 5:18 EMTV)
THE SCRIPTURES CONCERN JESUS NOT GOD THE FATHER
Jesus also made the following declaration in John 5:39
You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and these are they which testify about Me. (John 5:39 EMTV)
Once you have read a good deal about Jesus in the New Testament, you realize that one aspect of the principles of Jesus is that He never seeks His own glory except the glory of His God Whom He calls My Father, The Father. We can rest assured or be convinced that if the Scriptures (the Old Testament) are about His Father, Jesus would never, ever declare that the Scriptures are about Himself, thereby usurping the credits that are due to His Father whom many think is Jehovah God. Only Satan does that. The declaration of john 5:39 does not refer either to any of the Angels.
Since Jehovah God is the main Character in the Scriptures, we can totally conclude that, based on the declaration in John 5:39, Jesus is the main Character in the drama being played out in the Scriptures and is, therefore, none other than Jehovah.
THE WATCHTOWER BELITTLE JESUS AS A SPIRIT CREATURE
THE TESTIMONY OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS ABOUT WHO JESUS IS
"WHERE DID JESUS COME FROM?
10. What does the Bible teach about Jesus’ existence before he came to earth?
10 The Bible teaches that Jesus lived in heaven before he came to earth. Micah prophesied that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem and also said that His origin was “from ancient times.” (Micah 5:2) On many occasions, Jesus himself said that he lived in heaven before being born as a human. (Read John 3:13; 6:38,62; 17:4, 5) As a spirit creature in heaven, Jesus had a special relationship with Jehovah.
Does the statement of faith
"As a spirit creature in heaven, Jesus had a special relationship with Jehovah"
parallel or does justice to the fact that Jesus teaches that He is the Only Begotten Son of God? As a Son, can Jesus be seen as a spirit creature who had a special relationship with Jehovah? Of course a Jehovah's witness mind has no problem with that dismissive and derogatory statement of faith.
WHAT IS THE FATE OF THOSE WHO DENY JESUS?
MATTHEW 10:32-33 KJVA
(32) Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
(33) But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
LUKE 12:8-9 KJVA
(8) Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: (9) But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.
Thus, Jehovah, according to Jehovah's witness, is God, The Father of Jesus and Jesus is a god just like any other god. Read their translation of John 1 as a reference to the statement I made on their belief. You will soon read the biblical passages that show how wrong they are about Jesus.
DOES JESUS CHRIST COMPETE WITH JEHOVAH GOD SINCE EACH OF THEM CLAIMS TO BE OUR EXCLUSIVE SAVIOR?
Isaiah 43:9-13 YLT
(11) I--I am Jehovah, And besides Me there is no saviour.
(12) I--I declared, and saved, and proclaimed, And there is no stranger with you, And ye are My witnesses, an affirmation of Jehovah, And I am God.
If you do believe that Jehovah is God the Father, can you see the conflict that arises between the Jehovah of Isaiah and the Jesus of Acts in term of, at least, salvation? Jehovah says that there is no other Savior besides Him and Jesus is portrayed as our exclusive Savior.
For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him (John 3:17 YLT),
and there is salvation in no other One, for neither is there any other name under Heaven having been given among men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12 LITV)
JESUS IS INCARNATED JEHOVAH, 'THE ALPHA AND OMEGA', 'THE FIRST AND THE LAST', NOT THE NEVER-SEEN GOD THE FATHER
BOOK OF ISAIAH
ISAIAH 44:6 YLT
Thus said Jehovah, king of Israel, And his Redeemer, Jehovah of Hosts: `I am the first, and I the last, And besides Me there is no God.
ISAIAH 48:12-13 MKJV
(12) Listen to me, O Jacob and Israel, My called; I am He; I am the first, I also am the last.
(13) My hand also has laid the foundation of the earth, and My right hand has stretched out the heavens. I called; they stood up together.
BOOK OF REVELATION
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "He who is and He who was and He who is to come, The Almighty." (Revelation 1:8 EMTV)
Revelation 1:17-18 EMTV
(17) And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as if dead. But He put His right hand on me, saying, "Do not fear; I am the First and the Last.
(18) I am He who lives, and became dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Death and of Hades.
And He said to me, " I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give from the spring of the water of life freely to him that is thirsty. (Revelation 21:6 EMTV)
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." (Revelation 22:13 EMTV)
Jehovah declared to Israel that He is the first and the last (Isaiah 44:6; 48:12). Jehovah is also the Word (Isaiah 48:13). Similarly, Jesus is the Word (John 1:1) and also the First and the Last (Revelation 22:13).
Also, since besides Jehovah there is no other God (Isaiah 44:6) Savior and besides Jesus there is no other Savior, no other name by which anyone can be saved (Acts 4:12) and that Jesus is also the Almighty [El-Shaddai] (Revelation 1:8; Genesis 17:1), the conclusion from those titles is that Jehovah is Jesus in flesh.
THE CONCEPT OF GOD THE FATHER IS A NEW DOCTRINE TO JUDAISM
The Jews already recognized Jehovah God as their Father as we read in Isaiah 63:16; 64:8.
For You are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; You, Jehovah, are our Father, our Redeemer; Your name is from everlasting. (Isaiah 63:16 LITV)
But now, Jehovah, You are our Father. We are the clay, and You are our Former; yea, we all are Your handiwork. (Isaiah 64:8 LITV)
However, the attributes of Jehovah God are not comparable to the attributes of the God of Jesus, Whom He calls My Father. Some twist the attributes of Jehovah God to attempt to match them with those of God the Father. To wit, Jesus says that His God, The Father, had never been seen by anyone (John 1:18). However, when Moses desired to see Jehovah, Jehovah granted the wish of Moses but He told Moses that no man can see His face . He allowed Moses to see Him but from the back (Exodus 33:23).
EXODUS 33:18-23 MKJV
(18) And he said, I beseech You, let me see Your glory.
(19) And He said, I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of Jehovah before you. And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will have mercy on whom I will have mercy.
(20) And He said, You cannot see My face. For there no man can see Me and live.
(21) And Jehovah said, Behold! There is a place by Me, and you shall stand upon a rock.
(22) And it will be, while My glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by.
(23) And I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back parts. But My face shall not be seen.
Even though the dialogue between Jehovah is plain for any child to understand it, those who hold that Jehovah is the never-seen Father, contend that Moses could not have seen Jehovah because Jehovah is invisible or that the verb "to see" in the verse does not carry the same meaning that the verb "to see" has for us. Nevertheless, those of us who are not blinded by the god of this world () read Exodus 33:18-23 and we understand that Moses did see Jehovah but not His face.
Besides, no one in Judaism knew about the existence of God the Father and the existence of His Son. The revelation of the existence of God the Father and of His Son, came to be known only with the advent of Jesus Christ. That is the simplest argument for teaching that Jesus must be Jehovah God because we never knew about God the Father.
WHO CAN GRASP GOD THE FATHER AND JESUS AS JEHOVAH?
John 14:21 MKJV
(21) He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him.
Luke 10:22 MKJV
(22) All things are delivered to Me by My Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son will reveal [Him].
Who can grasp that there was God the Father who had a Son named Jehovah who was made flesh to redeem us? Only those to whom Jesus chooses to reveal the concept.
DO THE ATTRIBUTES OF JEHOVAH MATCH THE ATTRIBUTES OF GOD THE FATHER?