Updated: Jun 17, 2019
How can we agree that Luke 2:11 teaches that it was YHWH God who was born under the name Jesus? There is a disclaimer on what I am about to write for your edification. The disclaimer is found in one of the declarations in parables of Jesus as to what it takes to grasp the relation between Jesus and His new God whom He refers to as 'The Father, your Father in Heaven, our Father in Heaven' and YHWH God.
Luke 10:21-22 EMTV
(21) In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to babes. Yes, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight."
(22) And turning to His disciples He said, "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and [the one] to whom the Son wills to reveal [Him]."
The disclaimer in those two verses emphasizes that if you are wise and intelligent and not a babe (Mark 10:14-15)
(4) But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, "Allow the little children come to Me, do not hinder them; for of such is the kingdom of God.
(15) Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it." Mark 10:14-15 EMTV
and if Jesus does not reveal the Godhead to you, whatever anyone may write about any doctrinal or belief disagreement will not result in any change of thoughts (repentance), even though the Bible compels us to question every single doctrine.
2 Corinthians 13:5 EMTV
(5) Scrutinize yourselves as to whether you are in the faith; prove your own selves. Or do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you, unless indeed you are reprobates?
As you can see, because Jesus and the new God the Father can only be understood if they are revealed to us, there will be an infinite number of churches and splits in those churches because of the potential lack of revelation from Jesus.
So, to get back to the topic at hand, how does Luke 2:11 teach that Jesus Christ is YHWH Elohim incarnated?
Since Luke 2:11 does not say that Jesus was born but the Lord was born, it is imperative that we understand what 'the Lord' refers to in the Bible.
First, the grammatical sentence of Luke 2:11 needs to be cleaned up to remove any kind of added or inserted word which does not appear in the Greek Manuscript. Every single verse should be parsed to removed additions to it and read without the added words.
Is there any insertion or addition of words to Luke 2:11 by the authors of the Translation?
>>The preexistence identity of Jesus is hidden under the moniker Lord in our translations. Paradoxically, our translators give us an all caps LORD for the moniker in the Old Testament but a regular cap Lord for Jesus in the New Testament. Yet, there is nothing in the Greek that calls for the difference in orthography of the monikers.
What we have to do is to research in the Old testament what the translations hide under the moniker Lord in referring to the heavenly beings YHWH, ADON, ADONAI, AND Jesus.
to be continued